Interested in submitting a poster proposal?
The Poster Sessions at the 8th Biennial Childhood Obesity Conference offer your organization an opportunity to quickly and efficiently share your emerging research, best practices, community-based efforts and policy strategies that promote and sustain healthy eating and physical activity practices through a visually appealing poster board. Poster sessions typically combine text and graphics to tell your story to conference attendees and allows for informal one-on-one discussions and information sharing.
Poster Proposal Considerations and Tips:
- Poster board displays will be provided (approximately 4’x5’) and presenters may illustrate their project by displaying photos, diagrams and/or program poster/banners.
- If your poster is accepted, you will be expected to staff your poster during your assigned presentation time.
- You must be a paid registrant at the conference in order to present your poster.
- Unfortunately, electrical and audio-visual access will not be available for poster presentations.
- It is recommended to use a scientific format in developing each of your poster components: Background, Objectives, Methods, Results and Conclusion. Be sure to include the title of your presentation and a list of authors.
- Poster presentations should display information on the interventions and strategies employed by your project in a visually appealing way using both text and graphics, if applicable/appropriate.
- All text should be large enough to read comfortably and avoid overloading the poster with too much information.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, April 1, 2015 at 3:00 p.m. (PST).
Click Here to Submit a Poster Proposal
If you have been approved to present a poster please click here for poster instructions.
*Detailed guidelines and logistical information for displaying posters will be distributed with letters of acceptance in mid- April 2015.